Apr 15, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to avoid a sweep this afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.
PHILADELPHIA — Whew, busy day already here at Citizens Bank Park.
If you haven't seen all the roster moves, check the homepage for details, but in a nutshell…
– Jason Bergmann was designated for assignment, clearing space for Scott Olsen to be recalled from Class AAA Syracuse to start today's game.
– Justin Maxwell was recalled from Syracuse to take the spot left open by last night's demotion of Roger Bernadina. Maxwell will start in right field.
– Garrett Mock, who had been optioned to Syracuse on Sunday, has actually been called back and placed on the 15-day DL with a neck injury.
So after all that, there's still a game to be played, with the Nationals looking to avoid a three-game sweep at the hands of the Phillies. Check back here throughout the game for updates, and check the homepage for other news…
NATIONALS AT PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 3:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL