Apr 15, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to avoid a sweep this afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.
PHILADELPHIA — Whew, busy day already here at Citizens Bank Park.
If you haven't seen all the roster moves, check the homepage for details, but in a nutshell…
— Jason Bergmann was designated for assignment, clearing space for Scott Olsen to be recalled from Class AAA Syracuse to start today's game.
— Justin Maxwell was recalled from Syracuse to take the spot left open by last night's demotion of Roger Bernadina. Maxwell will start in right field.
— Garrett Mock, who had been optioned to Syracuse on Sunday, has actually been called back and placed on the 15-day DL with a neck injury.
So after all that, there's still a game to be played, with the Nationals looking to avoid a three-game sweep at the hands of the Phillies. Check back here throughout the game for updates, and check the homepage for other news…
NATIONALS AT PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 3:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK