Apr 16, 2010, 7:18 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats open a 10-game homestand tonight, with the Brewers up first.
Apparently, Ryan Zimmerman's pinch-hit home run yesterday wasn't good enough to warrant his return to the Nationals' starting lineup.
For the fifth straight game, Zimmerman is not among Jim Riggleman's starting nine. Apparently, there's still concern about his ability to run. He looked perfectly fine rounding the bases following his clutch blast off Danys Baez yesterday afternoon, but he didn't exactly have to go 100 percent during that glorious jaunt.
We'll have to find out what Zim's updated status is in a little while. There are currently a group of players taking early BP, but he's not among them.
So, as always, check back here throughout the game for updates, and check the homepage for other news…
BREWERS AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of storms late, 79 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Willie Harris
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins