Apr 16, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
As the Nationals continue to digest yesterday's tense, 7-5 victory over the Phillies, their 4-5 overall record and the start of a 10-game homestand tonight, here are a few interesting stats that hopefully put the last 11 days into perspective…
– At 4-5, the Nats have their best record nine games into the season since the inaugural 2005 campaign, when they opened 5-4. Their records after nine games the last four years … 2009: 1-8, 2008: 3-6, 2007: 1-8, 2006: 2-7.
– The Nats have been outscored 63-40 overall. They've suffered their five losses by an average of six runs. They've earned their four wins by an average of 1.75 runs.
– Ivan Rodriguez ranks fourth in the NL with a .407 batting average and is tied for fourth in the league with four doubles.
– Matt Capps is tied with Cincinnati's Francisco Cordero for the NL lead in saves with four.
– Washington is tied for the NL lead with 11 stolen bases and has only been caught stealing once. That occurred yesterday, when Nyjer Morgan was picked off first base but still made it safely to second when Ryan Howard's throw sailed into left field. Through nine games last year,Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nationals' loss to Cardinals
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend