Apr 16, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
As the Nationals continue to digest yesterday's tense, 7-5 victory over the Phillies, their 4-5 overall record and the start of a 10-game homestand tonight, here are a few interesting stats that hopefully put the last 11 days into perspective…
– At 4-5, the Nats have their best record nine games into the season since the inaugural 2005 campaign, when they opened 5-4. Their records after nine games the last four years … 2009: 1-8, 2008: 3-6, 2007: 1-8, 2006: 2-7.
– The Nats have been outscored 63-40 overall. They've suffered their five losses by an average of six runs. They've earned their four wins by an average of 1.75 runs.
– Ivan Rodriguez ranks fourth in the NL with a .407 batting average and is tied for fourth in the league with four doubles.
– Matt Capps is tied with Cincinnati's Francisco Cordero for the NL lead in saves with four.
– Washington is tied for the NL lead with 11 stolen bases and has only been caught stealing once. That occurred yesterday, when Nyjer Morgan was picked off first base but still made it safely to second when Ryan Howard's throw sailed into left field. Through nine games last year,Read more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Report: NL West team still talking to Phillies about Hamels
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels