Apr 20, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Scott Olsen delivers tonight's first pitch.
The Nationals and Rockies will play a ballgame tonight, but Colorado's players and coaches will be excused if baseball isn't first and foremost on their minds.
Keli McGregor, president of the Rockies since 2001, died this morning in a hotel room in Salt Lake City, casting a pall over tonight's game at Nationals Park. A pregame tribute and moment of silence are planned to honor McGregor, 48, a former All-American tight end at Colorado State in the 1980s who played in the NFL with the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks.
Once the game gets underway, Scott Olsen will look to build off his strong season debut last week in Philadelphia and pitch the Nationals to their fifth win in six days. Left-hander Jorge de la Rosa starts for the Rockies.
Check back for updates throughout the game, and check the homepage for other news…
ROCKIES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 66 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span