Apr 20, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
[UPDATE AT 6:34 P.M. — Read the complete story, with reaction from players and Rockies manager Jim Tracy, at CSNwashington.com.]
Keli McGregor, president of the Rockies since 2001, was found dead in a Salt Lake City hotel room this morning, a devastating blow to a Colorado ballclub that is in the midst of a four-game series against the Nationals.
The cause of McGregor's death is not yet known.
"Words cannot describe the level of shock and disbelief that we all are feeling this morning at the loss of Keli," Rockies owner Charlie Monfort, who was also in Salt Lake City, said in a statement. "Our thoughts, our prayers are with [his wife] Lori and the entire family as we all try to cope and understand how such a tragic loss could occur with such a wonderful man."
Tonight's game at Nationals Park will be played as scheduled at 7:05 p.m. A pregame tribute and moment of silence are expected.
McGregor was an All-American tight end at Colorado State in the 1980s and played in the NFL for the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks. HeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly