Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The tarp has been covering the infield at Nationals Park all day.
It's been a miserable day around the D.C. area, but they're hoping to play baseball tonight on South Capitol Street.
Actually, looking at the radar and the extended forecast for the evening, it looks like there's a pretty good chance the Nationals and Rockies will be able to get this one in. There's a 35 percent chance of showers at 7 p.m., but that number drops to 25 percent and 15 percent the next two hours before picking up again to 30 percent around 10 p.m.
With a 4:35 p.m. getaway game scheduled tomorrow — and the Rockies not scheduled to make any more trips to Washington this season — you've got to believe they're going to do everything they can to play tonight.
Check back for updates (both weather and game-related) all afternoon/evening…
ROCKIES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of showers, 59 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015