Apr 21, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
File photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg, who made his season debut April 11, is back on the mound this morning.
The Nationals have a firm plan in place for Stephen Strasburg this year. They won't come right out and provide public details, but it's pretty clear the top draft pick will be making about five or so starts at Class AA Harrisburg, then five or so starts at Class AAA Syracuse, then his major-league debut sometime in early June.
Along the way, the organization will be closely monitoring his pitch count and his innings count, all the while trying to limit him at season's end to about 140-150 innings.
It's a detailed plan, and they've accounted for everything. Well, except for one thing: Mother Nature.
For the second time in three outings with Harrisburg, Strasburg is scheduled to pitch in the rain. It happened Friday night, when he had to wait out a lengthy delay, then pitched for 2 1/3 innings, then wasn't brought back following another long delay. And it could be a problem again this morning.
Harrisburg is hosting Reading in a coffee-and-donuts, 10:30 a.m. special. So far, the rain is holding off and it appears the game willRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How Scherzer decision could make another National an All-Star
- Span gets MRI; plus updates on Escobar and Zim
- Scherzer, Cueto face off as Nats take on Reds
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby