Apr 21, 2010, 10:20 PM EDT
Bill Gluvna of the Nationals' PR department puts together a comprehensive minor-league report every week, complete with some outstanding puns on player names. The guy puts so much effort into these things, it only seems right to republish it in its entirety for all of you.
NATIONALS MINOR-LEAGUE REPORT — 4/21/10
This Week's Top Headline
DESTIN-ED TO SUCCEED: OF Destin Hood leads the Single-A South Atlantic League and ranks 3rd in all of minor league baseball with 22 hits … he ranks among SAL leaders in hitting (3rd, .407), total bases (4th, 29), OPS (8th, .955) and slugging percentage (10th, .537) … the 20-year-old has hit safely in 12 of 13 games and is currently riding a 7-game hit streak … Hood, selected in the 2nd round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft, opened the 2010 campaign rated as the No. 10 prospect in the Nationals chain according to Baseball America.
Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs
International League North Division
8-4, 1st Place, 1.0 Game Ahead
WEEKEND AT BERNADINA'S: OF Roger Bernadina has hit safely in 7 of his 8 games, going 12-for-36 (.333) with one double, one triple, one homer, 4 RBI and 4 steals … Bernadina had a brief one-game stint with the Nationals earlier this season before being optioned toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals