Apr 21, 2010, 10:20 PM EDT
Bill Gluvna of the Nationals' PR department puts together a comprehensive minor-league report every week, complete with some outstanding puns on player names. The guy puts so much effort into these things, it only seems right to republish it in its entirety for all of you.
NATIONALS MINOR-LEAGUE REPORT — 4/21/10
This Week's Top Headline
DESTIN-ED TO SUCCEED: OF Destin Hood leads the Single-A South Atlantic League and ranks 3rd in all of minor league baseball with 22 hits … he ranks among SAL leaders in hitting (3rd, .407), total bases (4th, 29), OPS (8th, .955) and slugging percentage (10th, .537) … the 20-year-old has hit safely in 12 of 13 games and is currently riding a 7-game hit streak … Hood, selected in the 2nd round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft, opened the 2010 campaign rated as the No. 10 prospect in the Nationals chain according to Baseball America.
Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs
International League North Division
8-4, 1st Place, 1.0 Game Ahead
WEEKEND AT BERNADINA'S: OF Roger Bernadina has hit safely in 7 of his 8 games, going 12-for-36 (.333) with one double, one triple, one homer, 4 RBI and 4 steals … Bernadina had a brief one-game stint with the Nationals earlier this season before being optioned toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start