Apr 23, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Jason Bergmann, who was designated for assignment by the Nationals on April 15, has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Class AAA Syracuse.
Bergmann, who has pitched in at least one game each of the Nationals’ six seasons, expressed his desire to remain with the organization. Another club, however, could have claimed him off waivers or acquired him via trade over the last week.
The Nationals also could have released the 28-year-old once he cleared, but general manager Mike Rizzo said last week he had no intention of doing that.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss