Apr 23, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Jason Bergmann, who was designated for assignment by the Nationals on April 15, has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Class AAA Syracuse.
Bergmann, who has pitched in at least one game each of the Nationals’ six seasons, expressed his desire to remain with the organization. Another club, however, could have claimed him off waivers or acquired him via trade over the last week.
The Nationals also could have released the 28-year-old once he cleared, but general manager Mike Rizzo said last week he had no intention of doing that.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend