Apr 23, 2010, 6:47 PM EST
Jason Bergmann, who was designated for assignment by the Nationals on April 15, has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Class AAA Syracuse.
Bergmann, who has pitched in at least one game each of the Nationals’ six seasons, expressed his desire to remain with the organization. Another club, however, could have claimed him off waivers or acquired him via trade over the last week.
The Nationals also could have released the 28-year-old once he cleared, but general manager Mike Rizzo said last week he had no intention of doing that.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett