Apr 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Dodgers (minus Manny Ramirez) come to Nationals Park this weekend.
It's always a treat when the Los Angeles Dodgers come to town. One of baseball's best-run and most-stable franchises — well, at least until Frank and Jamie McCourt decided to get divorced and ruin everything — makes only one trip per season to the District. Sadly, Hall-of-Fame broadcaster Vin Scully (now in his 60th season with the club) no longer makes road trips east of the Rockies, so you won't be able to hear those familiar and soothing tones.
Another key member of the Dodgers organization won't be playing in this series: Manny Ramirez. One year ago, the slugger was suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs in the middle of a series against the Nats. This time, Ramirez is injured. He strained a calf muscle running the bases yesterday in Cincinnati, and word is that he will miss this entire series.
Ryan Zimmerman also isn't in the lineup for the Nationals for the second straight game and the seventh time in 12 games. We'll get an update on Zim's hamstring in a little while.
Check back for updates throughout the game…
DODGERS AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 68 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
SS Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend