Apr 24, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Dodgers will try to get today's game in before the rain picks up.
When I arrived at Nationals Park around 10 a.m., the sky was blue and it looked like it would be a beautiful day. But the clouds have rolled in, the rain is coming and it's not supposed to stop until tomorrow night.
So that could create some problems here. Team officials are hopeful that the precipitation will be intermittent this afternoon and allow today's game to be played. Tomorrow, however, is a bigger concern. All the more reason to try to get today's game in.
Ryan Zimmerman update: He's out of the lineup again with the hamstring injury. Same deal as last night. He could be available to pinch-hit, but if he does, he won't be allowed to run hard down the line. Jim Riggleman also said it's "doubtful" the third baseman will start tomorrow.
Ivan Rodriguez, meanwhile, could come off the bench to hit today after departing last night's game with tightness in his lower back. It's not serious, and Riggleman was planning to give him today off anyway. He should be back in the lineup tomorrow.
Check back for updates throughout the game…
DODGERS AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of showers, 60 degrees, Wind 10 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals