Apr 26, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's going to be a chilly, windy night at historic Wrigley Field.
CHICAGO — Hello from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, otherwise known as the coldest place on earth right now.
It may look like a gorgeous day from that above photo, but look closely at the flags flying high above the center field scoreboard. The wind is whipping furiously, straight in from left field with gusts up to 30 mph, and it's only going to get colder when the sun goes down. By the time tonight's game gets underway, the wind chill could be in the upper 30s.
For that reason, Ryan Zimmerman is once again not in the Nationals' starting lineup. Had they been playing in Florida tonight, perhaps he would be cleared to go. But not with these conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if he's held out tomorrow night as well.
Check back for updates throughout the game…
NATIONALS AT CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 49 degrees, Wind 20 mph in from LF
(UPDATED AT 6:41 P.M.)
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche