Apr 26, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's going to be a chilly, windy night at historic Wrigley Field.
CHICAGO — Hello from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, otherwise known as the coldest place on earth right now.
It may look like a gorgeous day from that above photo, but look closely at the flags flying high above the center field scoreboard. The wind is whipping furiously, straight in from left field with gusts up to 30 mph, and it's only going to get colder when the sun goes down. By the time tonight's game gets underway, the wind chill could be in the upper 30s.
For that reason, Ryan Zimmerman is once again not in the Nationals' starting lineup. Had they been playing in Florida tonight, perhaps he would be cleared to go. But not with these conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if he's held out tomorrow night as well.
Check back for updates throughout the game…
NATIONALS AT CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 49 degrees, Wind 20 mph in from LF
(UPDATED AT 6:41 P.M.)
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals