Apr 26, 2010, 8:17 PM EST
CHICAGO — Before we get to tonight’s big-league game at Wrigley Field, a weather update from Reading, Pa. Class AA Harrisburg’s game tonight against the Phillies has been postponed due to rain.
Thus, Stephen Strasburg’s fourth minor-league start will be pushed back to Tuesday. They’ll play a twi-night doubleheader tomorrow, with Strasburg starting the first game at 6:30 p.m.
That also means Strasburg’s next start won’t be until Sunday in Harrisburg. That’s assuming, of course, he doesn’t get promoted to Class AAA Syracuse before then.
In other minor-league news, Aaron Thompson has been sent back down from Syracuse to Harrisburg. The left-hander had been promoted last week and pitched well in his Class AAA debut, allowing one run over five innings. But he was needed for only one outing, taking the spot that had been opened when Luis Atilano was promoted to Washington. Not sure who will take that rotation spot now at Syracuse.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who's better right now?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo