Apr 26, 2010, 8:17 PM EST
CHICAGO — Before we get to tonight’s big-league game at Wrigley Field, a weather update from Reading, Pa. Class AA Harrisburg’s game tonight against the Phillies has been postponed due to rain.
Thus, Stephen Strasburg’s fourth minor-league start will be pushed back to Tuesday. They’ll play a twi-night doubleheader tomorrow, with Strasburg starting the first game at 6:30 p.m.
That also means Strasburg’s next start won’t be until Sunday in Harrisburg. That’s assuming, of course, he doesn’t get promoted to Class AAA Syracuse before then.
In other minor-league news, Aaron Thompson has been sent back down from Syracuse to Harrisburg. The left-hander had been promoted last week and pitched well in his Class AAA debut, allowing one run over five innings. But he was needed for only one outing, taking the spot that had been opened when Luis Atilano was promoted to Washington. Not sure who will take that rotation spot now at Syracuse.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful