Apr 26, 2010, 8:17 PM EDT
CHICAGO — Before we get to tonight’s big-league game at Wrigley Field, a weather update from Reading, Pa. Class AA Harrisburg’s game tonight against the Phillies has been postponed due to rain.
Thus, Stephen Strasburg’s fourth minor-league start will be pushed back to Tuesday. They’ll play a twi-night doubleheader tomorrow, with Strasburg starting the first game at 6:30 p.m.
That also means Strasburg’s next start won’t be until Sunday in Harrisburg. That’s assuming, of course, he doesn’t get promoted to Class AAA Syracuse before then.
In other minor-league news, Aaron Thompson has been sent back down from Syracuse to Harrisburg. The left-hander had been promoted last week and pitched well in his Class AAA debut, allowing one run over five innings. But he was needed for only one outing, taking the spot that had been opened when Luis Atilano was promoted to Washington. Not sure who will take that rotation spot now at Syracuse.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giants surge past Royals 11-4 to tie Series 2-all
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest