Apr 27, 2010, 10:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roger Bernadina was batting .377 in 14 games at Class AAA Syracuse.
CHICAGO — The Nationals are planning to recall outfielder Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse following tonight's game, according to two sources within the organization.
Bernadina was slated to play tonight for Syracuse at Toledo, but he was a late scratch from the lineup. He's expected to arrive in Chicago in time for tomorrow afternoon's series finale against the Cubs.
The Nationals will have to demote someone following tonight's game. They may consider dropping a reliever and proceeding with a six-man bullpen for the time being, taking advantage of off-days coming up Thursday and Monday.
Bernadina has been among the hottest hitters in the minors and today was named the International League's offensive player of the week. In 14 games at Syracuse, the 25-year-old is batting .377 with two homers, eight RBI and seven stolen bases.
This will be Bernadina's second stint in the majors this season. He appeared in only one game during his first stop and was optioned toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?