Apr 27, 2010, 10:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roger Bernadina was batting .377 in 14 games at Class AAA Syracuse.
CHICAGO — The Nationals are planning to recall outfielder Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse following tonight's game, according to two sources within the organization.
Bernadina was slated to play tonight for Syracuse at Toledo, but he was a late scratch from the lineup. He's expected to arrive in Chicago in time for tomorrow afternoon's series finale against the Cubs.
The Nationals will have to demote someone following tonight's game. They may consider dropping a reliever and proceeding with a six-man bullpen for the time being, taking advantage of off-days coming up Thursday and Monday.
Bernadina has been among the hottest hitters in the minors and today was named the International League's offensive player of the week. In 14 games at Syracuse, the 25-year-old is batting .377 with two homers, eight RBI and seven stolen bases.
This will be Bernadina's second stint in the majors this season. He appeared in only one game during his first stop and was optioned toRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class