Apr 27, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It'll be another cold, windy night at Wrigley Field when the Nats and Cubs meet.
CHICAGO — It's pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday weather-wise here in Wrigleyville. There isn't a cloud in the sky, but the temperature is struggling to get out of the 40s and the wind is blowing in straight from the north again.
That wind certainly wreaked havoc with players on both sides during last night's game. We saw some pop-ups move 40-to-50 feet back toward the infield, and we also saw some line drives carry over outfielders' heads. Just requires a lot of concentration on the part of everyone in the field.
Ryan Zimmerman is out of the Nationals' lineup for the sixth straight day. I don't think that's a huge surprise, and I don't think it would be a huge surprise if he comes off the bench to pinch-hit again tonight. The real question is whether he'll be cleared to play in tomorrow afternoon's series finale, with the weather a little warmer, or whether they'll just hold him out til Friday in Miami.
Ivan Rodriguez, however, is back in the lineup after getting scratched last night with lower back tightness.
Check back for updates throughout the game…
NATIONALS AT CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Clear, 49 degrees, Wind 15 mph in from LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup