Apr 27, 2010, 12:41 AM EST
With three regulars sidelined tonight — Ryan Zimmerman, Willie Harris and Ivan Rodriguez — the Nationals are playing with only two healthy bench players (Alberto Gonzalez and Justin Maxwell.
Those nagging injuries will force Jim Riggleman to manage differently than he would if he had a full bench at his disposal. It’s also forcing Mike Rizzo to consider calling up an extra position player for a couple of days.
Read all about that in this story on CSNwashington.com.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Escobar having stiff back examined by doctor
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play