Apr 27, 2010, 12:41 AM EDT
With three regulars sidelined tonight — Ryan Zimmerman, Willie Harris and Ivan Rodriguez — the Nationals are playing with only two healthy bench players (Alberto Gonzalez and Justin Maxwell.
Those nagging injuries will force Jim Riggleman to manage differently than he would if he had a full bench at his disposal. It’s also forcing Mike Rizzo to consider calling up an extra position player for a couple of days.
Read all about that in this story on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon