Apr 27, 2010, 12:41 AM EDT
With three regulars sidelined tonight — Ryan Zimmerman, Willie Harris and Ivan Rodriguez — the Nationals are playing with only two healthy bench players (Alberto Gonzalez and Justin Maxwell.
Those nagging injuries will force Jim Riggleman to manage differently than he would if he had a full bench at his disposal. It’s also forcing Mike Rizzo to consider calling up an extra position player for a couple of days.
Read all about that in this story on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp