Apr 29, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
The Nationals have promoted Drew Storen to Class AAA Syracuse, moving the 22-year-old reliever one step closer to the big leagues.
Storen, the 10th overall pick in last summer’s draft, dominated in seven appearances at Class AA Harrisburg over the last three weeks. He allowed one run and five hits in 9 1/3 innings, striking out 11, walking one and recording four saves.
That was merely a continuation of Storen’s dominant performance last season after signing one day following the draft. In 35 minor-league appearances now spanning three different levels of the organization, he owns a 1.75 ERA, 15 saves and a 60-to-9 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
Storen’s promotion would appear to put him slightly ahead of fellow first-round pick Stephen Strasburg in both pitchers’ ascension through the Nats’ system. Strasburg, the No. 1 pick in the country last summer, is scheduled to make his fifth start for Harrisburg on Sunday. He’s 3-0 with an 0.52 ERA so far for the Senators, striking out 23 while walking only two in 17 1/3 innings.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game