Apr 30, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
Photo courtesy Florida Marlins
The Marlins host the Nats in a weekend series.
Ryan Zimmerman is in the Nationals' starting lineup tonight. Craig Stammen is not. Stammen, however, is at Joe Robbie … er, Pro Player … er, Dolphin … er, LandShark … er, Sun Life Stadium.
Whatever the Marlins' ballpark is being called this week, I'm not there. I'm back in D.C. this weekend to attend a family member's bar mitzvah, so you won't be getting any firsthand accounts of this series. I will, however, attempt to watch Sunday's game on TV and share some insights along the way.
Two things you should pay close attention to in tonight's series opener: Zimmerman and Scott Olsen. Zimmerman is at last back in the starting lineup after sitting out seven games with a strained hamstring. It would appear the combination of time off and warm South Florida weather has allowed Zim to return to his regular duties.
Olsen, meanwhile, returns to the mound looking to build off his seven shutout innings from last weekend against the Dodgers. (For those who weren't aware, Olsen and Stammen have swapped spots in the rotation in an attempt to break up Olsen and fellow lefty John Lannan. Because of yesterday's day off, Olsen is still going on normal rest. Stammen will now go tomorrow on six days' rest.)
Enjoy the game. I'll put together another game thread tomorrow so everyone can discuss among themselves…
NATIONALS AT MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 78 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals