Apr 30, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Florida Marlins
The Marlins host the Nats in a weekend series.
Ryan Zimmerman is in the Nationals' starting lineup tonight. Craig Stammen is not. Stammen, however, is at Joe Robbie … er, Pro Player … er, Dolphin … er, LandShark … er, Sun Life Stadium.
Whatever the Marlins' ballpark is being called this week, I'm not there. I'm back in D.C. this weekend to attend a family member's bar mitzvah, so you won't be getting any firsthand accounts of this series. I will, however, attempt to watch Sunday's game on TV and share some insights along the way.
Two things you should pay close attention to in tonight's series opener: Zimmerman and Scott Olsen. Zimmerman is at last back in the starting lineup after sitting out seven games with a strained hamstring. It would appear the combination of time off and warm South Florida weather has allowed Zim to return to his regular duties.
Olsen, meanwhile, returns to the mound looking to build off his seven shutout innings from last weekend against the Dodgers. (For those who weren't aware, Olsen and Stammen have swapped spots in the rotation in an attempt to break up Olsen and fellow lefty John Lannan. Because of yesterday's day off, Olsen is still going on normal rest. Stammen will now go tomorrow on six days' rest.)
Enjoy the game. I'll put together another game thread tomorrow so everyone can discuss among themselves…
NATIONALS AT MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 78 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation