May 1, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Florida Marlins
The Nats go for their fourth straight win tonight at Sun Life Stadium.
The Nationals left town on Sunday, staring at a somewhat-daunting, six-game road trip to Chicago and Florida. Well, four games into that trip, they're 3-1. And the only loss was a 4-3, 10-inning setback at Wrigley Field Monday night that easily could have been a curly W instead.
There's a different expectation level with this club now. The Nats could drop the next two to the Marlins and still come home 3-3 on the trip, a perfectly acceptable record on the road. But that won't suffice, not for this team.
Thus, the Nationals shoot for their fourth straight win tonight, not to mention a potential tie for first place in the NL East. Yep, if the Phillies beat the Mets and the Nats beat the Marlins, New York and Washington will share the top spot in the division.
I, of course, am not at Sun Life Stadium to cover this one person. So I'll leave it to all of you to discuss among yourselves as you enjoy tonight's proceedings…
NATIONALS AT MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Clear, 82 degrees, Wind 11 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera