May 2, 2010, 3:57 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Florida Marlins
A win today would ensure the Nats' third straight series victory.
How many times last season did the Nationals find themselves staring at a series finale, coming off two straight losses and desperately needing one win to avoid getting swept? Seemed like that happened at least once a week, if not twice.
Well, it's happened only twice this season so far (both times against the Phillies, with the Nats winning the finale both times to salvage something). Instead, the Nationals have put themselves in position to win most series by winning game one, as was the case Friday night in Miami.
So even though they played a stinker last night at Sun Life Stadium, they still have a chance to leave town with a series victory. This would actually be their third straight winning series, their fifth straight non-losing series (four wins and a tie).
John Lannan takes the mound this afternoon, looking to put together only his second quality start in six tries this season. Josh Johnson (career 5-0 vs. Washington) starts for the Marlins.
And unlike the last two nights, I'll actually be watching this one on TV and will share some thoughts along the way. So check back all afternoon…
NATIONALS AT MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 13 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1