May 4, 2010, 7:21 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals open a six-game homestand tonight against the Braves.
The last time the Nationals played at home …
– The Capitals were up three games to two on the Canadiens and feeling good about their chances of advancing well past the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
– The Redskins had just traded Jason Campbell to the Raiders.
– Stephen Strasburg had made only three starts for Harrisburg.
It's only been nine days, but it sure feels like a lot has happened in that span. The club that returns home tonight for the start of a six-game homestand has Ryan Zimmerman back healthy and swinging a hot bat, Livan Hernandez and Luis Atilano practically unhittable on the mound and the whole town to itself until the Redskins open training camp in nearly three months.
Hear that sound? It's opportunity knocking at the door. Whether the Nats seize this opportunity remains to be seen. The quest begins tonight against the Braves.
Check back for updates throughout…
BRAVES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 76 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more