May 5, 2010, 3:50 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
No scoreboard? No problem for the Nats, who won again tonight.
How many things went wrong for the Nationals today? Let us count the ways…
1. Livan Hernandez needed 41 pitches to get out of the first inning.
2. Ian Desmond committed his first error in 19 games and Roger Bernadina dropped as routine a line drive as you'll ever see.
3. Miguel Batista couldn't preserve a four-run lead in the ninth and forced closer Matt Capps into the game.
4. John Lannan, it was revealed, has a swollen left elbow and will miss at least one start.
5. The scoreboard at Nationals Park was dark for the better part of four innings.
So how come everyone still went home happy at the end of the night? Perhaps because the Nationals ignored all those calamities and simply found a way to win what was anything but a pretty ballgame but still goes in the books as a curly W.
In some ways, this 6-3 victory over the Braves says more about this club than those crisp, one-run wins they strung together the last two weeks. It's one thing to win when everything goes precisely to plan.Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito