May 5, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It should be another beautiful night for baseball at Nationals Park.
Let's be honest: How many of you remember the Aug. 31, 2006 trade that sent Daryle Ward to the Braves for Luis Atilano?
I had to go back and re-read my story from that night to recall the details of a deal that at the time looked like little more than Jim Bowden dealing a veteran rent-a-player to Atlanta for the stretch drive.
Well, give Bowden credit for that one. Or at least, give credit to whichever Nats scout recommended Atilano. Even though the then-21-year-old right-hander had just undergone Tommy John surgery three weeks earlier, someone felt his chances of returning from the injury were strong.
Tonight, Atilano goes for his third win in as many big-league starts, and he'll face his former organization.
Check back for updates throughout…
BRAVES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 75 degrees, Wind 10 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East