May 5, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It should be another beautiful night for baseball at Nationals Park.
Let's be honest: How many of you remember the Aug. 31, 2006 trade that sent Daryle Ward to the Braves for Luis Atilano?
I had to go back and re-read my story from that night to recall the details of a deal that at the time looked like little more than Jim Bowden dealing a veteran rent-a-player to Atlanta for the stretch drive.
Well, give Bowden credit for that one. Or at least, give credit to whichever Nats scout recommended Atilano. Even though the then-21-year-old right-hander had just undergone Tommy John surgery three weeks earlier, someone felt his chances of returning from the injury were strong.
Tonight, Atilano goes for his third win in as many big-league starts, and he'll face his former organization.
Check back for updates throughout…
BRAVES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 75 degrees, Wind 10 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins