May 5, 2010, 7:02 PM EDT
Here is this week's minor league report, compiled as always by the pun-tastic Bill Gluvna of the Nationals' PR department. Enjoy…
This Week’s Top Headline
ROSENBAUM IS A ROSENBAUM IS A ROSENBAUM IS A ROSENBAUM: In 5 starts for Hagerstown, LHP Daniel Rosenbaum is 1-0 with a 1.57 ERA (5 ER/28.2 IP)…the 22-year old southpaw has struck out 25 and walked just 5 (5.0/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio)…among Single-A South Atlantic League pitchers, he ranks 5th in ERA and 7th in WHIP (0.94)…Rosenbaum was selected in the 22nd round of the 2009 Draft out of Xavier University (OH)…he is scheduled to make his next start tonight at Rome (Braves).
Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs
International League North Division
15-11, 3rd Place, 1.0 Game Back
HAIL TO THE NEW CHIEF: Yesterday, RHP Stephen Strasburg was promoted to Syracuse…Strasburg is scheduled to make his Triple-A debut on Friday vs. Gwinnett (Braves)…Strasburg, the top overall selection in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, went 3-1 with a 1.64 ERA (4 ER/22.0 IP) in 5 starts with Harrisburg of the Double-A Eastern League…with 27 strikeouts and just 6 walks in 22.0 innings pitched, Strasburg posted a 4.5/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio and an Eastern-League best 11.05 strikeouts per 9.0 innings.
WHAT A RELIEF: Since surrendering 3 earned runs in 0.1 inning in his season debut, April 8 vs. Lehigh Valley (Phillies), LHP Atahualpa Severino hasn't allowed an earned run 13.1 innings…he has tossed 10.0 consecutive scoreless innings over his last 6 appearances beginning April 20…overall, Severino is 1-0 with a 1.98 ERA (3 ER/ 13.2 IP) in 10 appearances…right-handed hitters are just 4-for-28Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'