May 5, 2010, 7:02 PM EDT
Here is this week's minor league report, compiled as always by the pun-tastic Bill Gluvna of the Nationals' PR department. Enjoy…
This Week’s Top Headline
ROSENBAUM IS A ROSENBAUM IS A ROSENBAUM IS A ROSENBAUM: In 5 starts for Hagerstown, LHP Daniel Rosenbaum is 1-0 with a 1.57 ERA (5 ER/28.2 IP)…the 22-year old southpaw has struck out 25 and walked just 5 (5.0/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio)…among Single-A South Atlantic League pitchers, he ranks 5th in ERA and 7th in WHIP (0.94)…Rosenbaum was selected in the 22nd round of the 2009 Draft out of Xavier University (OH)…he is scheduled to make his next start tonight at Rome (Braves).
Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs
International League North Division
15-11, 3rd Place, 1.0 Game Back
HAIL TO THE NEW CHIEF: Yesterday, RHP Stephen Strasburg was promoted to Syracuse…Strasburg is scheduled to make his Triple-A debut on Friday vs. Gwinnett (Braves)…Strasburg, the top overall selection in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, went 3-1 with a 1.64 ERA (4 ER/22.0 IP) in 5 starts with Harrisburg of the Double-A Eastern League…with 27 strikeouts and just 6 walks in 22.0 innings pitched, Strasburg posted a 4.5/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio and an Eastern-League best 11.05 strikeouts per 9.0 innings.
WHAT A RELIEF: Since surrendering 3 earned runs in 0.1 inning in his season debut, April 8 vs. Lehigh Valley (Phillies), LHP Atahualpa Severino hasn't allowed an earned run 13.1 innings…he has tossed 10.0 consecutive scoreless innings over his last 6 appearances beginning April 20…overall, Severino is 1-0 with a 1.98 ERA (3 ER/ 13.2 IP) in 10 appearances…right-handed hitters are just 4-for-28Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort