May 7, 2010, 7:33 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ryan Zimmerman and the Nats hope to fare better against the Marlins this weekend.
The above photo has nothing to do with tonight's game. I took it last night during the Nats-Braves game. I've been trying for weeks to get a good shot of a guy trying to break up a double play, and I finally got one. But since that play had no bearing whatsoever on last night's game — Scott Olsen and Willie Harris kind of stole the show — there was no chance to publish it. This seems as good a place and time as any to throw it up there for all to see.
As for tonight's opener of a three-game series with the Marlins, the Nationals will hope they play more like they did against the Braves earlier this week than they did in Florida last weekend. With Chris Volstad and Josh Johnson on the mound the next two days, that could be a tough challenge.
No announcement yet about tomorrow's starter for the Nats. All signs would point to it either being J.D. Martin or Matt Chico. As soon as I have something concrete, I'll let you know, so check the homepage for that.
And as always, check back here for updates throughout the game…
MARLINS AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?