May 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
NEW YORK — Jason Marquis says he will likely need surgery to remove bone chips in his right elbow after a ragged rehab start last night for Class A Potomac.
Marquis, who came to Citi Field today to meet with team doctors and officials, said his elbow “locked up” this morning. Asked whether he thought he would need surgery, he replied: “It’s definitely a strong possibility.”
The Nationals won’t make a final decision immediately. If Marquis does have the arthroscopic procedure to remove the loose bodies, he would likely miss eight to 10 weeks.
UPDATE AT 12:45 P.M. — Here’s the full story on Marquis on CSNwashington.com.
UPDATE AT 5:40 P.M. — It’s official now: Marquis will have arthroscopic surgery Friday in Cincinnati.
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats