May 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EST
NEW YORK — Jason Marquis says he will likely need surgery to remove bone chips in his right elbow after a ragged rehab start last night for Class A Potomac.
Marquis, who came to Citi Field today to meet with team doctors and officials, said his elbow “locked up” this morning. Asked whether he thought he would need surgery, he replied: “It’s definitely a strong possibility.”
The Nationals won’t make a final decision immediately. If Marquis does have the arthroscopic procedure to remove the loose bodies, he would likely miss eight to 10 weeks.
UPDATE AT 12:45 P.M. — Here’s the full story on Marquis on CSNwashington.com.
UPDATE AT 5:40 P.M. — It’s official now: Marquis will have arthroscopic surgery Friday in Cincinnati.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros