May 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
NEW YORK — Jason Marquis says he will likely need surgery to remove bone chips in his right elbow after a ragged rehab start last night for Class A Potomac.
Marquis, who came to Citi Field today to meet with team doctors and officials, said his elbow “locked up” this morning. Asked whether he thought he would need surgery, he replied: “It’s definitely a strong possibility.”
The Nationals won’t make a final decision immediately. If Marquis does have the arthroscopic procedure to remove the loose bodies, he would likely miss eight to 10 weeks.
UPDATE AT 12:45 P.M. — Here’s the full story on Marquis on CSNwashington.com.
UPDATE AT 5:40 P.M. — It’s official now: Marquis will have arthroscopic surgery Friday in Cincinnati.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
OCT. 7: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS
- Denard Span sets Nats hits record to add to special day
- Zimmermann earns no-hitter through team effort (VIDEO)
- Perfect storm for Zimmermann to make magic
- Nats' Ramos shares moment in Zimmermann's no-hitter