May 14, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
Nats PR maven (and self-loathing Cleveland Cavaliers fan) Bill Gluvna sent out his weekly minor-league report yesterday. But with as much as was going on yesterday in New York, combined with the long trip west to Denver today, I never got around to posting it. So here it is in belated (and abbreviated) form. His top item of the week was about Stephen Strasburg, but the info is outdated at this point because it came out before his start last night. I think we can all safely say we know the kid is pretty good at this point.
Anyways, here we go…
Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs
International League North Division
18-12, 1st Place, 1.0 Game Ahead
DR. DREW: In 11 combined appearances with Syracuse and Double-A Harrisburg, RHP Drew Storen owns a 1.23 ERA (2 ER/14.2 IP) and a 14.0/1 strikeout-to walk ratio (14 SO, 1 BB)…since joining Syracuse on April 29, he has allowed one earned run over 5.1 innings pitched (1.69 ERA) in 4 appearances…Storen, Washington's 2nd selection in the first round (10th overall) of the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, went 4-for-4 in save opportunities and recorded a 0.96 ERA (1 ER/9.1 IP) in 7 appearances with Harrisburg.
JOEL THE PROPHET: RHP Joel Peralta is 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA (2 ER/14.1 IP) and a .184 (9-for-49) batting average against in 12 games…his 8 saves in as many opportunities are tied for 2nd in the International League and tied 5th in minor league baseball…the Bonao, Dominican Republic native has fanned 16 and walked 3, an average of 10.29 strikeouts per 9.0 innings and only 1.93 walks perRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing