May 14, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
More rain is expected tonight at Coors Field.
DENVER — The pitching matchup of the young season takes place tonight at Coors Field. Who would have guessed that matchup would involve Ubaldo Jimenez and Livan Hernandez?
Jimenez, of course, has enjoyed a breakout six weeks, tossing his no-hitter last month in Atlanta en route to a 6-1 record and 0.93 ERA. Hernandez, meanwhile, stands right behind Jimenez with a 1.04 ERA to go along with a 4-1 record.
These two already faced each other April 22 at Nationals Park, with Jimenez getting the better of Livo, winning 2-0. Those two runs are the most Hernandez has allowed in any start so far this season.
So this figures to be another nip-and-tuck ballgame tonight … assuming it gets played at all. Yes, it's raining again. It was gorgeous this morning. But the clouds started rolling in around lunchtime, and it's now pouring. Forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the evening.
So buckle up for another long night. I'll be sure to post regular updates, both on the weather and the game…
NATIONALS AT ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 9:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Showers, 50 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals Stock Watch: Cabrera looking like a smart acquisition
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP