May 14, 2010, 9:40 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
More rain is expected tonight at Coors Field.
DENVER — The pitching matchup of the young season takes place tonight at Coors Field. Who would have guessed that matchup would involve Ubaldo Jimenez and Livan Hernandez?
Jimenez, of course, has enjoyed a breakout six weeks, tossing his no-hitter last month in Atlanta en route to a 6-1 record and 0.93 ERA. Hernandez, meanwhile, stands right behind Jimenez with a 1.04 ERA to go along with a 4-1 record.
These two already faced each other April 22 at Nationals Park, with Jimenez getting the better of Livo, winning 2-0. Those two runs are the most Hernandez has allowed in any start so far this season.
So this figures to be another nip-and-tuck ballgame tonight … assuming it gets played at all. Yes, it's raining again. It was gorgeous this morning. But the clouds started rolling in around lunchtime, and it's now pouring. Forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the evening.
So buckle up for another long night. I'll be sure to post regular updates, both on the weather and the game…
NATIONALS AT ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 9:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Showers, 50 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings