May 14, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
More rain is expected tonight at Coors Field.
DENVER — The pitching matchup of the young season takes place tonight at Coors Field. Who would have guessed that matchup would involve Ubaldo Jimenez and Livan Hernandez?
Jimenez, of course, has enjoyed a breakout six weeks, tossing his no-hitter last month in Atlanta en route to a 6-1 record and 0.93 ERA. Hernandez, meanwhile, stands right behind Jimenez with a 1.04 ERA to go along with a 4-1 record.
These two already faced each other April 22 at Nationals Park, with Jimenez getting the better of Livo, winning 2-0. Those two runs are the most Hernandez has allowed in any start so far this season.
So this figures to be another nip-and-tuck ballgame tonight … assuming it gets played at all. Yes, it's raining again. It was gorgeous this morning. But the clouds started rolling in around lunchtime, and it's now pouring. Forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the evening.
So buckle up for another long night. I'll be sure to post regular updates, both on the weather and the game…
NATIONALS AT ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 9:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Showers, 50 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?