May 15, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The forecast is shaky again … but let's play two!
DENVER — This could be a long day of baseball.
Even if the weather holds out, the Nationals and Rockies will play two today: the makeup from last night's rainout at 2:10 p.m. EDT and then the regularly scheduled game at 8:10 p.m. EDT. And the weather is not supposed to hold out. It's not raining at the moment, but it's expected in periods throughout the day and evening. So no one would be surprised if there are delays or even if only one of the two games gets played.
Fortunately, tomorrow looks fantastic, so a Sunday doubleheader would not be threatened.
Unfortunately, today's first game is not going to be televised. It falls under the window that is exclusive to Fox, so MASN can't broadcast it. Which is a real shame since Game 1 features Livan Hernandez vs. Ubaldo Jimenez.
Fortunately, your trusty reporter is here to chronicle it all. I'll try to provide more play-by-play than usual given the situation. So be sure to check back for updates…
NATIONALS AT ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 2:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of showers, 54 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"