May 15, 2010, 4:08 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The forecast is shaky again … but let's play two!
DENVER — This could be a long day of baseball.
Even if the weather holds out, the Nationals and Rockies will play two today: the makeup from last night's rainout at 2:10 p.m. EDT and then the regularly scheduled game at 8:10 p.m. EDT. And the weather is not supposed to hold out. It's not raining at the moment, but it's expected in periods throughout the day and evening. So no one would be surprised if there are delays or even if only one of the two games gets played.
Fortunately, tomorrow looks fantastic, so a Sunday doubleheader would not be threatened.
Unfortunately, today's first game is not going to be televised. It falls under the window that is exclusive to Fox, so MASN can't broadcast it. Which is a real shame since Game 1 features Livan Hernandez vs. Ubaldo Jimenez.
Fortunately, your trusty reporter is here to chronicle it all. I'll try to provide more play-by-play than usual given the situation. So be sure to check back for updates…
NATIONALS AT ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 2:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of showers, 54 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts