May 16, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The sun is shining at Coors Field … at last.
DENVER — What a gorgeous day for baseball at Coors Field. Finally. The rain has cleared. The clouds are gone and there is abundant sunshine for today's series finale between the Nationals and Rockies.
This could be as close to a must-win game as the Nats have faced in some time. Not that a loss would be devastating; they'd still head to St. Louis with a 20-18 record. But that would constitute the first three-game losing streak of the season, heading into a tough series against one of MLB's best clubs.
A win today, however, would salvage a four-game split with the Rockies and put the Nationals at 21-17 heading to St. Louis, where even a two-game sweep at the hands of the Cardinals wouldn't be crushing.
Couple of interesting notes about Jim Riggleman's lineup today: 1) Adam Dunn has his first day off of the year, probably because of a bad matchup against Rockies left-hander Jeff Francis. 2) Mike Morse is in, but not in right field; he'll start in Dunn's place at first base. 3) Cristian Guzman is your starting right fielder for only the second time in his career. Riggleman hinted a few days ago he'd consider doing that, particularly against a left-hander. Guzie is hitting a stout .419 against lefties this season; he HAS to be in the lineup somewhere.
Check back for updates throughout…
NATIONALS AT ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 3:10 p.m.
TV: Ch. 50-HD, MASN2-HD
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 62 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
RF Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats