May 17, 2010, 9:52 PM EST
ST. LOUIS — Adam Dunn has been scratched from the Nationals’ lineup, still suffering from flu-like symptoms that sidelined him in Denver over the weekend.
“I’m fine,” he said. “I’m just really weak.”
Manager Jim Riggleman said he may use Dunn as a pinch-hitter. The slugger came up to bat in the ninth inning yesterday and made the final out of a 2-1 loss to the Rockies.
Adam Kennedy is now starting at first base and batting sixth. Josh Willingham and Ivan Rodriguez have each been bumped up a spot and now will bat fourth and fifth, respectively. Cristian Guzman will move from shortstop to second base, and Ian Desmond will now start at shortstop.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers