May 17, 2010, 9:52 PM EST
ST. LOUIS — Adam Dunn has been scratched from the Nationals’ lineup, still suffering from flu-like symptoms that sidelined him in Denver over the weekend.
“I’m fine,” he said. “I’m just really weak.”
Manager Jim Riggleman said he may use Dunn as a pinch-hitter. The slugger came up to bat in the ninth inning yesterday and made the final out of a 2-1 loss to the Rockies.
Adam Kennedy is now starting at first base and batting sixth. Josh Willingham and Ivan Rodriguez have each been bumped up a spot and now will bat fourth and fifth, respectively. Cristian Guzman will move from shortstop to second base, and Ian Desmond will now start at shortstop.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)