May 18, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Cards wrap up their series at Busch Stadium tonight.
The Nationals reach the quarter-pole of the season tonight, Game 40 of 162, with a chance to come home with a winning record.
Of course, to do that, they'll have to beat Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter, no small challenge. (Carpenter is a career 5-1 with a 3.56 ERA against the Nationals franchise.) John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the mound for Washington, hoping his elbow/forearm doesn't flare up as it did in the fifth inning Thursday at Coors Field. Lannan has his own impressive track record against St. Louis' best hitters — Albert Pujols is 0-for-5 with a walk against him lifetime, Matt Holliday is 1-for-6.
The Nationals won't, however, have their best power hitter once again. Adam Dunn is out of the lineup for the third straight day, still hampered by flu-like symptoms. Adam Kennedy again starts at first base in Dunn's place.
Since Drew Storen made his debut last night — and that was the reason I went to St. Louis in the first place — I flew back home this morning. I'll be back at Nationals Park tomorrow when the Nats open a two-game series against the Mets. In the meantime, enjoy conversing with each other about tonight's game from Busch…
NATIONALS AT CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Josh Willingham
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return