May 18, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Cards wrap up their series at Busch Stadium tonight.
The Nationals reach the quarter-pole of the season tonight, Game 40 of 162, with a chance to come home with a winning record.
Of course, to do that, they'll have to beat Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter, no small challenge. (Carpenter is a career 5-1 with a 3.56 ERA against the Nationals franchise.) John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the mound for Washington, hoping his elbow/forearm doesn't flare up as it did in the fifth inning Thursday at Coors Field. Lannan has his own impressive track record against St. Louis' best hitters — Albert Pujols is 0-for-5 with a walk against him lifetime, Matt Holliday is 1-for-6.
The Nationals won't, however, have their best power hitter once again. Adam Dunn is out of the lineup for the third straight day, still hampered by flu-like symptoms. Adam Kennedy again starts at first base in Dunn's place.
Since Drew Storen made his debut last night — and that was the reason I went to St. Louis in the first place — I flew back home this morning. I'll be back at Nationals Park tomorrow when the Nats open a two-game series against the Mets. In the meantime, enjoy conversing with each other about tonight's game from Busch…
NATIONALS AT CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Josh Willingham
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?