May 18, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Cards wrap up their series at Busch Stadium tonight.
The Nationals reach the quarter-pole of the season tonight, Game 40 of 162, with a chance to come home with a winning record.
Of course, to do that, they'll have to beat Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter, no small challenge. (Carpenter is a career 5-1 with a 3.56 ERA against the Nationals franchise.) John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the mound for Washington, hoping his elbow/forearm doesn't flare up as it did in the fifth inning Thursday at Coors Field. Lannan has his own impressive track record against St. Louis' best hitters — Albert Pujols is 0-for-5 with a walk against him lifetime, Matt Holliday is 1-for-6.
The Nationals won't, however, have their best power hitter once again. Adam Dunn is out of the lineup for the third straight day, still hampered by flu-like symptoms. Adam Kennedy again starts at first base in Dunn's place.
Since Drew Storen made his debut last night — and that was the reason I went to St. Louis in the first place — I flew back home this morning. I'll be back at Nationals Park tomorrow when the Nats open a two-game series against the Mets. In the meantime, enjoy conversing with each other about tonight's game from Busch…
NATIONALS AT CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Josh Willingham
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect