May 18, 2010, 10:18 PM EST
You may have seen already that Class AAA Syracuse’s game at Rochester tonight has been postponed due to rain. The Chiefs and Red Wings will now play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow, with Matt Chico pitching the 11 a.m. opener and Stephen Strasburg pitching the 7:05 p.m. nightcap. (So no need to stay up late tonight watching MASN for the tape delayed broadcast.)
Now, before all of you who purchased tickets to the June 4 game against the Reds break into a flop-sweat, rest easy knowing this rainout shouldn’t affect Strasburg’s eventual MLB debut.
As I outlined earlier today, in order for Strasburg to line up for that June 4 date at Nationals Park, he was going to need two extra days of rest the next couple weeks anyways. This takes care of one of them, so in some ways, the rainout actually makes the June 4 debut date MORE likely.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals