May 18, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
You may have seen already that Class AAA Syracuse’s game at Rochester tonight has been postponed due to rain. The Chiefs and Red Wings will now play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow, with Matt Chico pitching the 11 a.m. opener and Stephen Strasburg pitching the 7:05 p.m. nightcap. (So no need to stay up late tonight watching MASN for the tape delayed broadcast.)
Now, before all of you who purchased tickets to the June 4 game against the Reds break into a flop-sweat, rest easy knowing this rainout shouldn’t affect Strasburg’s eventual MLB debut.
As I outlined earlier today, in order for Strasburg to line up for that June 4 date at Nationals Park, he was going to need two extra days of rest the next couple weeks anyways. This takes care of one of them, so in some ways, the rainout actually makes the June 4 debut date MORE likely.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats