May 18, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
You may have seen already that Class AAA Syracuse’s game at Rochester tonight has been postponed due to rain. The Chiefs and Red Wings will now play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow, with Matt Chico pitching the 11 a.m. opener and Stephen Strasburg pitching the 7:05 p.m. nightcap. (So no need to stay up late tonight watching MASN for the tape delayed broadcast.)
Now, before all of you who purchased tickets to the June 4 game against the Reds break into a flop-sweat, rest easy knowing this rainout shouldn’t affect Strasburg’s eventual MLB debut.
As I outlined earlier today, in order for Strasburg to line up for that June 4 date at Nationals Park, he was going to need two extra days of rest the next couple weeks anyways. This takes care of one of them, so in some ways, the rainout actually makes the June 4 debut date MORE likely.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent