May 19, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After an eventful road trip, the Nats return home to face the Mets.
If it feels like a lot's happened since the Nationals last hosted a ballgame, it's true.
When last you saw your home team, it was 17-14, about to embark on a difficult road trip. John Lannan's elbow was a major question mark. Brian Bruney was still pitching in meaningful situations. Willy Taveras was on the roster. Tyler Clippard was winning games more than he was losing them. Drew Storen was in Syracuse.
All of that, of course, has changed. The 20-20 club that takes the field tonight against the Mets is on a five-game losing streak (three of them by one run). Lannan's elbow appears fine. Bruney and Taveras are gone. Clippard is struggling, but Storen is here to stay.
Adam Dunn is back in the lineup, as well, after missing the last three games. We'll see if he sheds any light into the "minor procedure" that required him to return home yesterday. Cristian Guzman's also in the lineup at second base, a bit of a surprise move considering he is a career 0-for-5 against Mets knuckleballer R.A. Dickey while Adam Kennedy is 4-for-15 with a homer and a double. Perhaps Jim Riggleman didn't want to sit Guzman after his 3-for-5 showing last night in St. Louis.
Check back for updates throughout…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins