May 23, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to take two in a row from the Orioles this afternoon.
Four things you need to know heading into today's series finale at Nationals Park…
1. Nyjer Morgan is in Jim Riggleman's starting lineup, leading off and playing center field. Looks like they're ready to move on from yesterday's events.
2. Justin Maxwell has been recalled from Class AAA Syracuse, filling the roster spot made available when Scott Olsen went on the DL. Maxwell's time here figures to be brief, because the Nats will need a starting pitcher Saturday in San Diego. Until then, they'll go with an extra player off the bench.
3. Presumptive No. 1 draft pick Bryce Harper had a performance for the ages yesterday. The 17-year-old went 6-for-6 with four home runs, a triple, a double and 10 RBI in leading the College of Southern Nevada to a 25-11 victory over Central Arizona, ensuring a spot in next weekend's Junior College World Series. This all came one day after Harper hit for the cycle in another victory Friday night. Now, I'm no baseball expert, but the only player in the history of the game I can think of who ever did anything like that was Roy Hobbs.
4. I'm taking today off, enjoying a couple of days at home before heading out on the west coast trip Tuesday. So no updates throughout the game. But please continue to discuss with each other…
ORIOLES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: MASN-HD, MASN2-HD
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM, WTEM-980 AM
Weather: Scattered storms, 70 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent