May 25, 2010, 10:23 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
AT&T Park, home of the Giants, sopping wet today.
SAN FRANCISCO — Hello from beautiful AT&T Park, along the San Francisco Bay and McCovey Cove. This is one of the prettiest venues in the major leagues, and my view from the press box (which is as close to the field as any in the game) actually doesn't do this place justice. From the upper deck, you can see the bay, the bridges and downtown San Francisco. I'll try to head up there one of the next two days and take some shots from different perspectives.
Today, however, is not the day to venture out. As you can see from the above photo, it's raining. It started around noon, has intensified since and is expected to continue all evening. The locals say this is incredibly rare, certainly for this time of the year. That's also what they said when we were in Denver two weeks ago. I thought the black cloud that followed the Nationals the last two years had moved north to Baltimore. Guess I was wrong.
Anyways, if they do get tonight's game in, we should be looking at a low-scoring affair. This whole series should be low-scoring, if for no reason other than the Giants possess a great pitching staff and a horrible offense (they've scored five total runs in their last seven games). The Nats, meanwhile, send "ace" Livan Hernandez to the mound and are dealing with a depleted lineup now with Ivan Rodriguez on the DL. (I know Pudge had been slumping some at the plate, but he's still more productive than Wil Nieves and Carlos Maldonado).
I'll keep you posted on the weather up until gametime, and then I'll keep you posted on the game itself…
NATIONALS at GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 10:15 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Showers, 50 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers