May 28, 2010, 3:53 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO — As I prepare to board my delayed flight to San Diego, several Nats-related questions occur to me. I’m curious to know how you would answer each of these…
– Should Adam Dunn ALWAYS be taken out for defensive purposes late in games the Nats lead? Jim Riggleman left him in yesterday, and he proceeded to boot a grounder that helped pave the way for the Giants to rally and win. Then again, Dunn’s spot in the lineup came up in the ninth with the Nationals trailing by one run. Had he been pulled earlier, someone else would have been batting there. Of course, Dunn proceeded to strike out to end the game.
– Plenty of you are dissatisfied with Nyjer Morgan and the right field rotation. But what would you do? If not Morgan, who in center field? And who do you want in right field? (Jermaine Dye is not an accepted answer.)
– If it was up to you, when would Stephen Strasburg make his big-league debut?
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today
- As Nats hold breath, Zimmerman passes test
- Nationals win in Zimmerman's return
- Zimmerman begins race to get ready for October