May 29, 2010, 1:43 AM EDT
SAN DIEGO — There is no bigger baseball figure in this town than Tony Gwynn, the Padres’ Hall-of-Fame outfielder who now serves as a color analyst on their TV broadcasts. Gwynn, of course, also is the baseball coach at San Diego State, where he helped mold Stephen Strasburg into the top prospect he is now.
Gwynn was a popular man at Petco Park this afternoon. Everyone wanted to know how he thinks his protege will do once he arrives in Washington in the next seven-to-10 days.
As you’ll read in this article on CSNwashington.com, Gwynn has no doubt Strasburg will handle all the pressure and hype with his usual aplomb.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen