May 30, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
SAN DIEGO — Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to make his next start Thursday, for Class AAA Syracuse at Buffalo.
Strasburg suffered his second loss of the season last night when he was charged with three runs over five-plus innings against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. That outing included the first home run hit off the 21-year-old right-hander as a minor-leaguer: a solo shot by designated hitter Rene Rivera to lead off the third.
In five starts at Class AAA, Strasburg is now 3-1 with a 1.27 ERA. In 10 total starts between Class AA and Class AAA, he’s 6-2 with a 1.43 ERA, allowing 14 runs (eight earned) and 28 hits over 50 1/3 innings. He has recorded 60 strikeouts while walking 12.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'