May 30, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
SAN DIEGO — Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to make his next start Thursday, for Class AAA Syracuse at Buffalo.
Strasburg suffered his second loss of the season last night when he was charged with three runs over five-plus innings against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. That outing included the first home run hit off the 21-year-old right-hander as a minor-leaguer: a solo shot by designated hitter Rene Rivera to lead off the third.
In five starts at Class AAA, Strasburg is now 3-1 with a 1.27 ERA. In 10 total starts between Class AA and Class AAA, he’s 6-2 with a 1.43 ERA, allowing 14 runs (eight earned) and 28 hits over 50 1/3 innings. He has recorded 60 strikeouts while walking 12.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order