May 30, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
SAN DIEGO — Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to make his next start Thursday, for Class AAA Syracuse at Buffalo.
Strasburg suffered his second loss of the season last night when he was charged with three runs over five-plus innings against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. That outing included the first home run hit off the 21-year-old right-hander as a minor-leaguer: a solo shot by designated hitter Rene Rivera to lead off the third.
In five starts at Class AAA, Strasburg is now 3-1 with a 1.27 ERA. In 10 total starts between Class AA and Class AAA, he’s 6-2 with a 1.43 ERA, allowing 14 runs (eight earned) and 28 hits over 50 1/3 innings. He has recorded 60 strikeouts while walking 12.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game