Jun 1, 2010, 8:35 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Houston Astros
The Nats go for two in a row tonight at Minute Maid Park.
Well, that was quite the offensive explosion from the Nationals yesterday, wasn't it? A lineup that averaged 3.6 runs per game during the first two legs of this road trip ran roughshod over the Astros to the tune of 14 runs on 14 hits.
No sense tinkering with perfection, so Jim Riggleman is sticking with his reconfigured lineup tonight. Cristian Guzman (3-for-6, three runs) again bats leadoff with Nyjer Morgan (3-for-4, walk, four runs) staying in the 2-hole.
Craig Stammen, who put together a solid start his last time out in San Francisco, is on the mound for the Nats. Former Phillie Brett Myers (career 10-9 with a 4.18 ERA in 33 appearances against the Nationals franchise) starts for the Astros.
I didn't make the trip to Houston with the club, so there will be no in-game updates. As always, please feel free to converse with each other throughout…
NATIONALS at ASTROS
Where: Minute Maid Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 86 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
2B Cristian Guzman
CF Nyjer Morgan
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly
- Nats and Phillies wrap up series with doubleheader