Jun 1, 2010, 8:35 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Houston Astros
The Nats go for two in a row tonight at Minute Maid Park.
Well, that was quite the offensive explosion from the Nationals yesterday, wasn't it? A lineup that averaged 3.6 runs per game during the first two legs of this road trip ran roughshod over the Astros to the tune of 14 runs on 14 hits.
No sense tinkering with perfection, so Jim Riggleman is sticking with his reconfigured lineup tonight. Cristian Guzman (3-for-6, three runs) again bats leadoff with Nyjer Morgan (3-for-4, walk, four runs) staying in the 2-hole.
Craig Stammen, who put together a solid start his last time out in San Francisco, is on the mound for the Nats. Former Phillie Brett Myers (career 10-9 with a 4.18 ERA in 33 appearances against the Nationals franchise) starts for the Astros.
I didn't make the trip to Houston with the club, so there will be no in-game updates. As always, please feel free to converse with each other throughout…
NATIONALS at ASTROS
Where: Minute Maid Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 86 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
2B Cristian Guzman
CF Nyjer Morgan
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets