Jun 3, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Here is this week's official minor-league report, sent out by Nationals PR man Bill Gluvna…
This Week’s Top Headline
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF: In 10 combined starts with Triple-A Syracuse and Double-A Harrisburg, RHP Stephen Strasburg is 6-2 with a 1.43 ERA…Strasburg's stingy .157 batting average against is the 2nd lowest in minor league baseball among starting pitchers…with 60 strikeouts and 12 walks in 50.1 innings pitched, Strasburg owns a 5.0/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio and averages 10.7 strikeouts per 9.0 innings…in 5 Triple-A starts with Syracuse, he is 3-1 with a 1.27 ERA (4 ER/28.1 IP)…prior to joining Syracuse, Strasburg went 3-1 with a 1.64 ERA (4 ER/22.0 IP) in 5 starting assignments with Harrisburg…Strasburg is scheduled to make his final Triple-A start today at Buffalo (Mets).
Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs
International League North Division
30-21, 2nd Place, 0.5 Game Back
SAVE-A-LOT: RHP Joel Peralta's 16 saves in as many opportunities rank 2nd in the International League and 3rd in minor league baseball…in 21 appearances, he is 1-0 with a 0.75 ERA (2 ER/24.0 IP)…Peralta last allowed an earned run on April 30 at Toledo (Tigers), or 33 days ago…the Bonao, Dominican Republic native has fanned 30 in 24.0 innings, an average of 11.25 strikeouts per 9.0 innings…Peralta was signed by Washington as a minor-league free agent, December 15, 2009.
START ME UP: RHP Jeff Mandel is 2-0 with a 1.93 ERA (5 ER/23.1 IP) in 4 starts with Syracuse…Mandel began the season in Harrisburg, where he posted a 3.83 ERA (17 ER/40.0 IP) in 7 outings…Mandel, 25, was a 2009 Single-A Carolina League All-Star last season with Potomac…following the season, Mandel played with the PhoenixRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Nats add reliever, activate Moore to continue roster expansion
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups