Jun 4, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After a brutal stretch of road games, the Nats are back in town for a big homsetand.
Is it just me, or does it feel like forever since we were last at Nationals Park? It has been awhile, considering the club just came off a 10-game, three-city road trip. And even before that, there was only a brief, five-game homestand after another three-city road trip.
Thus, 19 of the Nationals' last 24 games came on the road. Their record over that span? A disappointing 9-15.
At last, the Nats return home for a nice stretch. Twelve of their next 18 are at the friendly confines, with only trips to Cleveland and Detroit coming up.
This is not, however, an easy weekend. The Reds are playing very good baseball, are battling the Cardinals for the NL Central lead and boast a potent lineup that leads the NL in runs, hits, homers, batting average, on-base percentage and OPS. It's Livan Hernandez's challenge to shut those guys down tonight and stop a three-game losing streak.
Check back for updates throughout…
REDS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of storms, 85 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
2B Cristian Guzman
CF Nyjer Morgan
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent