Jun 5, 2010, 9:22 PM EST
Ivan Rodriguez would like to be behind the plate Tuesday night for Stephen Strasburg’s debut. In order for that to happen, he’ll need his injured back to hold up tomorrow while taking BP and running the bases, then during a rehab game at Class A Potomac Monday night.
“I’m feeling pretty good,” he said today after hitting in the cage and throwing to every base with no trouble. “Back feels great. Still some little tightness in the back, but a lot better than days ago. … So far, as far as baseball activities, no problem.”
Read the full update on Pudge, as well as the overall catching situation for the Nats, on CSNwashington.com.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1