Jun 5, 2010, 9:22 PM EST
Ivan Rodriguez would like to be behind the plate Tuesday night for Stephen Strasburg’s debut. In order for that to happen, he’ll need his injured back to hold up tomorrow while taking BP and running the bases, then during a rehab game at Class A Potomac Monday night.
“I’m feeling pretty good,” he said today after hitting in the cage and throwing to every base with no trouble. “Back feels great. Still some little tightness in the back, but a lot better than days ago. … So far, as far as baseball activities, no problem.”
Read the full update on Pudge, as well as the overall catching situation for the Nats, on CSNwashington.com.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon