Jun 5, 2010, 9:22 PM EST
Ivan Rodriguez would like to be behind the plate Tuesday night for Stephen Strasburg’s debut. In order for that to happen, he’ll need his injured back to hold up tomorrow while taking BP and running the bases, then during a rehab game at Class A Potomac Monday night.
“I’m feeling pretty good,” he said today after hitting in the cage and throwing to every base with no trouble. “Back feels great. Still some little tightness in the back, but a lot better than days ago. … So far, as far as baseball activities, no problem.”
Read the full update on Pudge, as well as the overall catching situation for the Nats, on CSNwashington.com.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats