Jun 5, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
Ivan Rodriguez would like to be behind the plate Tuesday night for Stephen Strasburg’s debut. In order for that to happen, he’ll need his injured back to hold up tomorrow while taking BP and running the bases, then during a rehab game at Class A Potomac Monday night.
“I’m feeling pretty good,” he said today after hitting in the cage and throwing to every base with no trouble. “Back feels great. Still some little tightness in the back, but a lot better than days ago. … So far, as far as baseball activities, no problem.”
Read the full update on Pudge, as well as the overall catching situation for the Nats, on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos