Jun 5, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
Ivan Rodriguez would like to be behind the plate Tuesday night for Stephen Strasburg’s debut. In order for that to happen, he’ll need his injured back to hold up tomorrow while taking BP and running the bases, then during a rehab game at Class A Potomac Monday night.
“I’m feeling pretty good,” he said today after hitting in the cage and throwing to every base with no trouble. “Back feels great. Still some little tightness in the back, but a lot better than days ago. … So far, as far as baseball activities, no problem.”
Read the full update on Pudge, as well as the overall catching situation for the Nats, on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half