Jun 7, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
As we all sit around waiting for 7 p.m. tonight, here are a couple of items to share that relate to tomorrow’s big event at Nationals Park…
– The Nats will be selling 2,000 standing-room only tickets to tomorrow night’s game, for $10 apiece. They will be available beginning at 1 p.m. tomorrow at the stadium box office.
– The Nats also are still selling individual seats in the fourth-level suites at the ballpark. Those tickets cost $95 and do not include the usual suite-holder perks (like waiter service, free food, etc.). Still a nice, comfortable, padded seat with access to air conditioning.
– For all you memorabilia collectors out there, Nikco Sports is offering a limited edition, framed photo of Stephen Strasburg taken at tomorrow’s game. The piece will also include a small amount of actual dirt taken off the Nationals Park mound at some point tomorrow. Price is $89.95, and a portion of the funds go directly to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, certainly a worthy cause. You can find out more about that by going to www.nikcosports.com.
– Oh, and for anyone interesting in listening or watching me talk about Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg and other things Nats, I’ll be appearing on ESPN 980’s “The Sports Fix” with Kevin Sheehan and Thom Loverro at 1:25 p.m. and then on Comcast SportsNet’s “Washington Post Live” at 5 p.m.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order
- Zimmerman expects to return in 2-3 days
- Strasburg returns to mound as Nats face Mets
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"