Jun 8, 2010, 1:29 AM EDT
The glow of Bryce Harper’s selection as the Nationals’ newest No. 1 draft pick will hardly have died down by the time 7:05 p.m. arrives tomorrow. But that major development in franchise history will already be trumped by an even greater event in Stephen Strasburg’s big-league debut.
It’s a 1-2 punch that has never been seen before, in these parts or anywhere else in around the sport. As I wrote on CSNwashington.com, during these 48 hours, Washington has suddenly become epicenter of the baseball universe.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager