Jun 8, 2010, 1:29 AM EDT
The glow of Bryce Harper’s selection as the Nationals’ newest No. 1 draft pick will hardly have died down by the time 7:05 p.m. arrives tomorrow. But that major development in franchise history will already be trumped by an even greater event in Stephen Strasburg’s big-league debut.
It’s a 1-2 punch that has never been seen before, in these parts or anywhere else in around the sport. As I wrote on CSNwashington.com, during these 48 hours, Washington has suddenly become epicenter of the baseball universe.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order