Jun 8, 2010, 1:29 AM EST
The glow of Bryce Harper’s selection as the Nationals’ newest No. 1 draft pick will hardly have died down by the time 7:05 p.m. arrives tomorrow. But that major development in franchise history will already be trumped by an even greater event in Stephen Strasburg’s big-league debut.
It’s a 1-2 punch that has never been seen before, in these parts or anywhere else in around the sport. As I wrote on CSNwashington.com, during these 48 hours, Washington has suddenly become epicenter of the baseball universe.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will the Nationals miss LaRoche?
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats