Jun 8, 2010, 1:29 AM EST
The glow of Bryce Harper’s selection as the Nationals’ newest No. 1 draft pick will hardly have died down by the time 7:05 p.m. arrives tomorrow. But that major development in franchise history will already be trumped by an even greater event in Stephen Strasburg’s big-league debut.
It’s a 1-2 punch that has never been seen before, in these parts or anywhere else in around the sport. As I wrote on CSNwashington.com, during these 48 hours, Washington has suddenly become epicenter of the baseball universe.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats