Jun 9, 2010, 10:15 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
With some rain and no Strasburg, tonight's game probably won't draw a full house.
Hello once again from Nationals Park, where there are only about one-tenth as many media members and will probably be half as many fans as there were here 24 hours ago.
Apparently, everyone isn't as interested in seeing the big-league debuts of both Brad Lincoln and Jose Tabata as they were in seeing Stephen Strasburg.
Don't overlook those two Pirates rookies, though, because they deserve attention. Lincoln is the organization's top pitching prospect, a first-round pick in the 2006 draft who missed all of 2007 after Tommy John surgery but has bounced back since to dominate the minor leagues. The 25-year-old right-hander isn't overpowering, but he's got a good fastball, locates well and didn't allow a run in either of his last two starts at Class AAA. Tabata, meanwhile, is one of the top position players in Pittsburgh's system, a speedy outfielder who was picked up from the Yankees a couple of years ago in one of the Bucs' many deadline-day trades.
John Lannan takes the mound for the Nationals, looking to continue his recent resurgence since dealing with those elbow issues. Ivan Rodriguez is not behind the plate. Jim Riggleman said he will be more cautious about using the veteran catcher too much. He played Monday in Potomac and last night here, so he gets tonight off, then will probably come back and catch three in a row.
Check back for updates throughout…
PIRATES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN2-HD, MLB Network (outside D.C./Pittsburgh)
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of storms, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
2B Cristian Guzman
CF Nyjer Morgan
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen