Jun 10, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look for a three-game sweep of the Pirates tonight.
Trivia time: Can you name the last time the 2010 Nationals swept a series? Answer: It hasn't happened. Sure enough, the Nats haven't swept a full series from another team since taking four in a row in Atlanta to close out 2009.
So there's some added buzz to tonight's series finale against the Pirates, with the Nats looking to take three in a row, get to back to one game within the .500 mark and head off for an interleague road trip to Cleveland and Detroit.
Livan Hernandez takes the mound for the Nationals, Zach Duke for the Pirates. Nyjer Morgan is out of the lineup, but it's just a day off for him against a lefty starter, nothing more than that.
In other news today: Stephen Strasburg's cap and a ball from Tuesday night's game are being sent to the Hall of Fame … Strasburg's next start (Sunday in Cleveland) has been picked up by TBS (though in D.C. you'll only be able to watch it on Channel 50 and MASN2) and his projected June 18 start against the White Sox has been picked up by MLB Network (which will merely be simulcasting the MASN broadcast) … Ross Detwiler made his first rehab start last night at Class A Potomac and tossed three scoreless innings, allowing four hits.
I'm taking tonight off as I take care of some stuff around the house, do laundry and otherwise prepare for the upcoming road trip. I'll be covering both series in Cleveland and Detroit. Enjoy chatting with each other about tonight's game…
PIRATES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to RF
2B Cristian Guzman
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?