Jun 11, 2010, 10:56 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Indians manager Manny Acta throws batting practice before Friday’s game.
CLEVELAND — Manny Acta would have liked to be able to hand the ball to Stephen Strasburg every five nights instead of Daniel Cabrera. He would have liked to be able to call upon Drew Storen and Matt Capps to close out games instead of Kip Wells and Joel Hanrahan. He wouldn’t have minded having Ian Desmond at shortstop and Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate.
But if you’re looking for the former Nationals manager to complain about the hand he was dealt, you won’t get it. Now in his first year as skipper of the Indians, Acta insists he has no regrets about the way things went during his 2 1/2 years in the District.
Read the full story on Acta on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence