Jun 11, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Indians manager Manny Acta throws batting practice before Friday’s game.
CLEVELAND — Manny Acta would have liked to be able to hand the ball to Stephen Strasburg every five nights instead of Daniel Cabrera. He would have liked to be able to call upon Drew Storen and Matt Capps to close out games instead of Kip Wells and Joel Hanrahan. He wouldn’t have minded having Ian Desmond at shortstop and Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate.
But if you’re looking for the former Nationals manager to complain about the hand he was dealt, you won’t get it. Now in his first year as skipper of the Indians, Acta insists he has no regrets about the way things went during his 2 1/2 years in the District.
Read the full story on Acta on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager