Jun 11, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Indians manager Manny Acta throws batting practice before Friday’s game.
CLEVELAND — Manny Acta would have liked to be able to hand the ball to Stephen Strasburg every five nights instead of Daniel Cabrera. He would have liked to be able to call upon Drew Storen and Matt Capps to close out games instead of Kip Wells and Joel Hanrahan. He wouldn’t have minded having Ian Desmond at shortstop and Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate.
But if you’re looking for the former Nationals manager to complain about the hand he was dealt, you won’t get it. Now in his first year as skipper of the Indians, Acta insists he has no regrets about the way things went during his 2 1/2 years in the District.
Read the full story on Acta on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason