Jun 11, 2010, 10:56 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Indians manager Manny Acta throws batting practice before Friday’s game.
CLEVELAND — Manny Acta would have liked to be able to hand the ball to Stephen Strasburg every five nights instead of Daniel Cabrera. He would have liked to be able to call upon Drew Storen and Matt Capps to close out games instead of Kip Wells and Joel Hanrahan. He wouldn’t have minded having Ian Desmond at shortstop and Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate.
But if you’re looking for the former Nationals manager to complain about the hand he was dealt, you won’t get it. Now in his first year as skipper of the Indians, Acta insists he has no regrets about the way things went during his 2 1/2 years in the District.
Read the full story on Acta on CSNwashington.com.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl