Jun 11, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Indians manager Manny Acta throws batting practice before Friday’s game.
CLEVELAND — Manny Acta would have liked to be able to hand the ball to Stephen Strasburg every five nights instead of Daniel Cabrera. He would have liked to be able to call upon Drew Storen and Matt Capps to close out games instead of Kip Wells and Joel Hanrahan. He wouldn’t have minded having Ian Desmond at shortstop and Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate.
But if you’re looking for the former Nationals manager to complain about the hand he was dealt, you won’t get it. Now in his first year as skipper of the Indians, Acta insists he has no regrets about the way things went during his 2 1/2 years in the District.
Read the full story on Acta on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded