Jun 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians.
CLEVELAND — Despite what the merchandise stand here suggests — if you haven't seen it, check out the previous post — this isn't only a weekend Strasburg-fest. The Nationals and Indians do play a pair of games the next two nights before the phenom takes center stage for his second career start.
Jim Riggleman counters former boss Manny Acta with a new-look lineup for this interleague series. Josh Willingham will serve as DH, with Willie Harris is left. Look for the DH slot to be a revolving door all week, with regular position players getting a chance to take a breather and only hit for a day. Ivan Rodriguez, though, bats second tonight behind Nyjer Morgan for the first time all year. Also, Adam Dunn hits third and Ryan Zimmerman fourth, even though Cleveland starter Jake Westbrook is a right-hander.
The Indians counter with their own top prospect, catcher Carlos Santana, making his big-league debut behind the plate.
Check back for updates throughout…
NATIONALS at INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
C Ivan Rodriguez
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
*Through Saturday's early games
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
*Through Friday's games
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer throws 2nd no-hitter of season, shuts out Mets
- Scherzer tries to finish season on high note
- Harper out of nightcap after taking pitch off leg
- Harper homers, as Nats take 1st of doubleheader at Mets
- MLB Power Rankings: Cubs, Pirates set for wild card game
- Williams: "Nobody's spoken to me ... at this point"
- Nats, Mets begin doubleheader in final series
- Matt Williams may be fired, but how much blame for Rizzo?
- Harper, young Nats take subway in New York
- Opener of final series postponed, doubleheader Saturday