Jun 12, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
J.D. Martin faces Fausto Carmona tonight at Progressive Field.
CLEVELAND — There was a time when J.D. Martin was a top pitching prospect for the Cleveland Indians. Martin, the 35th overall pick in the 2001 draft, always dreamed of starting a game on the mound at Progessive Field.
Nine years later, Martin will finally get the chance. Wearing a Nationals uniform.
Having never made it with the Indians, in part because of arm injuries, Martin caught on with Washington last season, made the first 15 starts of his big-league career and has since returned to make two more starts this year. Tonight, the 27-year-old right-hander returns to the mound, and this time he'll do it against his former franchise. (There's just all kinds of intriguing Nats-Indians history in this series, isn't there?)
Fausto Carmona, a 19-game winner in 2009 who has battled injuries and inconsistencies since then, starts for Cleveland.
Check back for updates throughout…
NATIONALS at INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 83 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base